Saturday, September 25, 2010

susan g. komen race for the cure

I moved my long run to tomorrow to be able to run the Susan Komen 5k today. It was a wonderful experience and my first time raising money toward a cause. I appreciate all my friends and family who stepped up and helped me raise $595. As a way of acknowledging everyone I went thru the list of donors in my mind and said each of your names to myself as I ran.

I  wasn't out for a personal record but just had a nice run:

Mile 1: 11:25
Mile 2: 11:18
Mile 3: 11:21
Mile: .1: 1:03
Total Miles: 3.1
Total Time: 35:05
Avg. Mile: 11:19

After we cooled down for awhile we ran almost 3 more so Amanda could get a little distance in today before leaving out of town on vacation.

Mile 1: 12:26
Mile 2: 12:02
Mile 3: 12:12
Total Miles: 2.91
Total Time: 35:33
Avg. Mile: 12:14

No comments:

Post a Comment