Monday, September 6, 2010

leisurely bike ride and a green smoothie!

Today is a rest day but I can never turn down my sweet husband when he is willing to go on a bike ride. It's one of my favorite things. We enjoyed an hour long ride along the Swamp Rabbit Trail and upon returning home he poured a glass of iced grapefruit juice and I made a smoothie that I had heard about from a fellow blogger The Veg Meg. She refers to it as the green monster and although I used all the ingredients I didn't measure precisely, I just tossed in what looked right, and it turned out delicious!

banana
frozen strawberries
orange juice
almond milk
flaxseed
spinach

GREEN! but GOOD!:



















Bike Ride:
9.55 Miles
Total Time: 1:03:00
Avg Pace: 9.1mph

2 comments:

  1. neese! i just saw this. i'm glad you liked it! i have one every morning.

    ReplyDelete