Saturday, September 11, 2010

saturday morning run group - 10 mile long run

Had a GREAT turnout for the Saturday Morning Run Group! There were 7 of us and it worked out nicely that two stayed together for a 6 mile tempo run and one worked on his forefoot training and 4 of us stayed together for 8 miles than myself and another guy that's training for Kiawah continued on for 2 more to get in our 10 mile long run.

I made a pace wristband for a 12:30 pace and the goal was to not go faster than 12 min pace or slower than 12:30 pace. Well, that didn't happen. Mile 2 was a little fast and Mile 9 was slow. Pacing is not easy and it's a work in progress that hopefully I'll have mastered by December :) Until then I'm satisfied with my progress in getting them fairly consistent.

Mile 1: 12:16
Mile 2: 11:42
Mile 3: 12:01
Mile 4: 12:27
Mile 5: 12:18
Mile 6: 12:20
Mile 7: 12:21
Mile 8: 12:31
Mile 9: 12:51
Mile 10: 12:20

Total Miles: 10
Total Time: 2:03:03
Avg. Pace: 12:18

2 comments: