I was a little hesitant about racing the half marathon this morning. I was worried my foot pain would flare up again. Thankfully I had no issues with it aside from a brief "good morning" from it to let me know not to get too crazy :) I ran with my marathon training partner Wayne and we stayed with the 2:30 pace group leader until about a .6 mile to go when I backed off and let them go on. I managed to just focus on my breath and candence and keep it going although I wanted to walk so badly. Once at the finish it was easy to pick it up hearing the encouragement from my friend Katie and Wayne and the pace leader Darlene. So nice to have that support! (which btw, it was nice to see another friend David there today who was running the 5k portion! way to go David!)
I ran this particular course before (last year) and didn't have the best experience or finish time (2:50:42). So today was the day to replace that experience with a good one and I succeeded! Granted it was really tough around mile 12 having maintained a faster than normal pace up to that point but overall I am quite please with this training run/half marathon!
Mile 1: 11:21
Mile 2: 11:14
Mile 3: 11:29
Mile 4: 11:25
Mile 5: 11:21
Mile 6: 11:11
Mile 7: 11:12
Mile 8: 11:36
Mile 9: 11:46
Mile 10: 11:35
Mile 11: 11:37
Mile 12: 12:24 (couldn't keep it in the 11's!)
Mile 13: 12:00
Mile .1: 01:06
Total Miles: 13.1
Total Time: 2:31:17
Avg. Mile: 11:33
A definite PR for the course and a PB for Half marathon distance!
Woot! Woot! You're the wo-man! I'll post the pics from today on facebook at some point today! :)
ReplyDeleteCongrads!!
ReplyDelete